dblack / candle.superlink.net wrote:
>> Or
>> probably this is just one of the "unsolved problems" in Ruby, along with
>> others like private variables and block local variables?)

> I think it is.  See the threads at and around
> <http://www.ruby-talk.org/21745> and <http://www.ruby-talk.org/11381>.
> I believe it's all still under consideration by Matz.  (Matz?)

Hi David,

Thanks for the pointer.  Well, this is really really surprising,
considering that Ruby is not the first OO-based dynamic language (I
think).  Because Ruby has "learned" so well from various other languages,
I can only conclude that this is one of the (probably few) unexplored
territories in OO Theory, especially with regard to dynamic languages.  I
am wondering how this is done in other OO dynamic languages (any Python
experts?)

Regards,

Bill