* Mauricio Fern?ndez (batsman.geo / yahoo.com) wrote:

> Please read http://www.ruby-talk.org/blade/54249 and tell me your
> thoughts on this.

I'm happy with the way it is.  The odd bit of spam is not a good reason
to cripple one of our most important means of discussion.

Assuming the gateway pipes stuff through SpamAssassin or so, it might be
worthwhile to set up some form of registraion system; registered users
can be whitelisted while the thresholds can be set rather low for
everyone else.  We can probably also come up with a load of rules which
will match the sort of discussion we get here, keeping false positives
down.

On the other side, a way for users to set their email's to be munged
before appearing on c.l.ruby would probably be appreciated.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky / aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-