> As a standing offer to any Ruby project: if you want to trade out XML
> configuration files or homemade file formats for YAML, please let me know.
> I'd be glad to spend some time working out how YAML can work in projects
> throughout the community.

I read the article at http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2002/07/24/yaml.html , but it was
fairly sparse.  Seems like yet another markup language.

I'm not looking to start (or perpetuate) any YAML vs. XML religious wars, but is
there a web site that does a pro/con comparison between the two?  There's some
info at http://www.yaml.org/spec/#intro-xml, but not too much.

Your comments suggest YAML can easily step for XML, though that previous YAML
spec link suggests potentially significant structural/conceptual differences
between the two.  Plus, there is a growing (albeit increasingly complex)
constellation of XML-derived specs and tools. Does YAML, for example, have
anything similar to XSLT or a schema language/validation process?

I see that the FAQ at http://yaml.org/faq.html has but *one* question:

 What happens to YAML when people edit with different tab presets?

If this means that YAML treats white space as significant, then I might as well
switch to Python while I'm at it.

:)

James