On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 10:07:31AM +0900, Phil Tomson wrote:
[snip explanation... still don't see how it implies ordering, sorry :-(]

> Anyway, I guess I'm in the camp that would like to see some kind of
> hierarchy like:
>
> class Boolean
> end
>
> class TrueClass < Boolean
> end
>
> class FalseClass < Boolean
> end
>
> Then there would be some kind of type relationship between TrueClass and
> FalseClass.  That would just seem to make more sense to me, but I do see
> the potential pitfalls with that approach too.

I'm wondering what happens when subclassing Boolean a third time.

What would the relationship be among this third class and FalseClass
and TrueClass?  And what relationship among its instance (or rather
its singleton) and `true' and `false'?

Does a class model actually make sense here?

Massimiliano