> As I said before, the executable
> runs fine under Win95/98/ME/NT and the program works correctly in the
> interpreter even on XP/Win2K machines.
>
> >>phy9000020.rb:77: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> >>ruby 1.6.7 (2002-03-01) [i586-mswin32]

I've had some intermittent segfaults doing OLE stuffs on win2k, totally
separate from exerb. Some of my problems have been consistent with win32ole
0.4.5 through 0.5.1, ruby 1.6.6 and 1.7.2. I've not tried them on NT, only
win2k. I have one script that connects to "winmgmts:..." -- the script works
great, but always segfaults at the end (I assume during garbage collection).
Another script attaches to IIS and it hangs ruby.exe at the end. A third
script gave me intermittent problems (hanging), creating a lot of
scriptlets -- I recoded it to reuse some of the scriptlet instances and the
problems went away.

So ... all that to say that maybe your problem is not necessarily with
exerb. Or maybe exerb is exacerbating a situation in win32ole.so.

Chris
http://clabs.org