Hi --

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Simon Cozens wrote:

> dblack / candle.superlink.net writes:
> > 1. Why couldn't one swap 'true' and 'false' in your square-bracket
> > comments in the above?
>
> You mean like in Unix, where 0 means success and non-zero means failure?

Sort of, but more abstractly.  I was trying to suggest that if the
equivalence 1:true, 0:false was what made true > false, and if that
equivalence was purely conventional (and could be flipped without any
loss of logical integrity), then it perhaps didn't make sense for it
to govern the behavior of Ruby true/false.  (And of course in Ruby 0
isn't false anyway.)

David

--
David Alan Black