I am using the Ruby script as an OLE automation client.  The server
is Attachmate Extra(version 6.5).  Attachmate is a terminal emulation
program that exposes a very complete mainframe terminal interface.  My
program basically navigates through an online report system (RMDS)
screen by screen extracting data that matches certain criteria.

Since the script works perfectly every time running under the
interpreter and the compiled program works fine under Win95/98/ME/NT, I
assume that something about XP/Win2K is incompatible with certain
executables created by exerb.  I say 'certain' because I have another
application where Excel is the OLE server that doesn't seem to have any
issues on XP/Win2K machines.

I'm not familiar enough with either Ruby or exerb to know where to start
looking for a solution.

Thanks in advance / Floyd