On Sat 26 Oct 2002 at 08:29:31 +0900, Albert Wagner wrote:

> On Friday 25 October 2002 10:45 pm, Alan (Ursus Major) wrote:
> > Actually, it is NOT nice.  Top-posting is a religious matter.  You must
> > take on faith that it is bad.  I have been following this post from the
> > top, and now I must scroll farther down for each additional contribution.
>
> I agree.  If one wants to see all/part of a previous post, then read the

Yes, but if one only wants to see the context for the current
comments, one should be able to read that in the citations of the
current message.

> > I /prefer/ top-posting, and only abjur it to stay out of fights I cannot
> > win.
> >
> likewise

Chronological order seems a natural enough order to me in which to try
to follow a human conversation. I can't imagine why one might want to
view the discourse in reverse order. Do you read books from back to
front and watch movies in reverse?

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | Duckies are fun!
ian / caliban.org             |