Hi,

You are welcome.  "dou itashimashite."

> Is there any centralized effort to start mirroring content?

YARAA: http://ruby.yi.org/raa/en/
is fetching RAA content via SOAP and shows its own view.
AFAIK, RSS/0.9 or original XML feed are used for same
purpose.

Do I understand your "mirroring content" correctly?

> Along those
> lines, is there a way to get a simple tab or comma delimited
> file that
> would list for each entry: category name, subcategory name,
> module name,
> the maintainer, the description, and the download URL?

No, there isn't.  We have some services but all of those
are in XML format (SOAP, XML-RPC, RSS and original XML).
I can set up CSV feeder (I'm the author of csv module) but
is this wanted?  CSV lucks flexibility of format so no
matter how little change in the future causes
interoperability problem.  For example, in this RAA
replacement, we added a column 'id' for each projects.

But if there's enough need, I'll setup it.  Or is there
someone who tries to build a service which converts XML
formats to CSV/TSV/RD/YAML/dRuby/anything else?

> <signature>
>   <name>Michael C. Libby</name>
>   <email>x / ichimunki.com</email>
>   <web-site>http://www.ichimunki.com/</web-site>