----- Original Message -----
From: "William Djaja Tjokroaminata" <billtj / y.glue.umd.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: comp.lang.ruby FAQ

> Hal E. Fulton <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:
>
> >             - PLEASE NOTE! Include quoted text from previous posts
> >               *BEFORE* your responses. And *selectively* quote as much
> >               as is relevant.
>
> Hi Hal,
>
> Do we really want to stick to the rule (like this :) )?  Then probably a
> lot of people (including myself) need to change the habit, especially
> regarding the *BEFORE*.

Heh... :)

This was in the FAQ before I inherited it. It is long-standing
Usenet tradition and etiquette, from decades before there was
a Microsoft Outlook Express to make this difficult for us.

I don't care deeply about it personally, but I have decided
to conform. I'm enough of a purist that I have started following
this rule even when it hurts.

I don't play net.cop, though. Just the FAQ, man.

Hal