On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Clemens Hintze wrote:

> I do not know whether this is what you search, but I had implemented a
> class StringIO, that inherits from String and has, additionally, some
> methods from class IO, so that it behaves both as a String and an IO
> object.

This sounds interesting.  I think this would be a good thing to add
to Ruby, and it would ease migration for C++ people

> If you are interested in, I could send you a .tgz file with that
> class. If I have time I will complete the documentation and relase the
> package to the community ...

I think my answer depends on how far the documentation has progressed to
date.  If there is not much documentation now then it may be better to
wait.  OTOH, if the docs are nearly finished then either they can be
finished soon, or I could give you feedback on what is there now.

> \cle

	Thank you,
	Hugh