At Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:17:24 +0900,
I wrote:
>   system 'rcsdiff', *options, "-r#{revold}", "-r#{revnew}", "#{root}/#{file},v"
>
> I can cope with this situation by .flatten'ing the whole list however,
> I don't feel like it because I certainly know which elements need to
> be flattened. (ARGV in this case, of course)
                 options, of course ;)

At Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:24:28 +0900,
Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / zetabits.com> wrote:
> How about this?
>
>   system 'rcsdiff', *(options+["-r#{revold}", "-r#{revnew}", "#{root}/#{file},v"])

Well, yes, that's supposed to work, but I simply do not feel it's as
pretty as other parts of Ruby.  I mean, I just couldn't explain why
"proc(a, b, *c)" is allowed and "proc(a, *b, c)" or "proc(a, *b, *c)"
is not, considering Ruby's consistent nature.

Is it hard to implement that, or does it decrease Ruby's cleanness in
any sense? (I'm not pushing so hard, but just curious :)

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"We're only at home when we're on the run, on the wing, on the fly"