Stefan Scholl <stefan.scholl / brave.de> wrote in message news:<ao1amv$1u5$2 / frost.brave.de>...
> I haven't tried sessions, yet. But I'm curious if you can work
> with sessions without using cookies.

sessions and cookies are married topics.  A "session" is data indexed
by a key sent to a client in a cookie.

From RFC 2109:

    This document describes a way to create stateful
    sessions with HTTP requests and responses. Currently,
    HTTP servers respond to each client request without
    relating that request to previous or subsequent requests;
    the technique allows clients and servers that wish to
    exchange state information to place HTTP requests and
    This context might be used to create, for example, a
    "shopping cart", in which user selections can be aggregated
    before purchase, or a magazine browsing system, in which a
    user's previous reading affects which offerings are presented.

     - http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc2109.html

~ Patrick