Hi,

Dave Thomas writes,

# Mathieu Bouchard <matju / cam.org> writes:
#
# > It would be nice to have a number of unit tests for Ruby internals
# > themselves, so that if I break something hacking with the internals I
may
# > know it. Of course this isn't ideal because Ruby unit tests have to
rely
# > on Ruby somehow, to be evaluated; but it could be good for catching
subtle
# > changes in less fundamental modules/classes, e.g. IO, File, Regex.
#
# Funny you should say that...
#
# I'm in the middle of completing a set for Ruby 1.6. Right now I have
# tests for 796 separate functions, with just over 10,000 asserts.

I have a comment and a question:

(1) Thanks.

(2) What's the impetus for doing this on top of all your other work?

Conrad Schneiker