Hello there.

> I can't see how others will be able to make your decision easier,
> though. In the end, you may need to invest the hour or so it takes to
> get familiar with the language and decide for yourself.

I really didn't want for others to make the decision for me at all.
I just wanted to grasp the opinions from Ruby programmers that
really had tried out Python. I am primarily a Java developer these
days (for the last three years at least), but having toyed around with
Python,
seemed to me like a really clean language. So I really am a bit surprised

and frustrated by all this Ruby thing, as I cannot seem to grasp it's
benefits
by reading articles and examples (which I did right away when reading
about Python).
I just don't seem to get it. Have fun exploring,

> Dave

On another topic, I just wanted to mention that the main reason for me
starting to look
into Ruby, is the pragmatic gurus writing a book about it.
I consider 'The Pragmatic programmer' to be my bible these days, and I
carry
around my now ragged copy of it all the time. I admire you people, and
thank
you for writing such a wonderful and easy-read book about best practices
and
approaches that really should be more commonplace in our industry.
So the first thing I thought when seeing the announcement for your new
book
was "Wow, if these people have been enlighted by it, it really must be
really good".
So I'll definitly buy 'Programming Ruby' ASAP.

BTW, your link page on Ruby on www.pragmaticprogrammer.com seems to be
broken at the time of this writing.