Mathieu Bouchard <matju / cam.org> writes:

> It would be nice to have a number of unit tests for Ruby internals
> themselves, so that if I break something hacking with the internals I may
> know it. Of course this isn't ideal because Ruby unit tests have to rely
> on Ruby somehow, to be evaluated; but it could be good for catching subtle
> changes in less fundamental modules/classes, e.g. IO, File, Regex.

Funny you should say that...

I'm in the middle of completing a set for Ruby 1.6. Right now I have
tests for 796 separate functions, with just over 10,000 asserts.

My problem is that it currently is not multi-platform. It runs on
recent Linux versions, but it relies on having some utilities present
that older Linuxes (and other Unices don't have). When I get time I'll
tidy it up and make it available for download.

Regards

Dave