Thomas Hurst wrote:

> * Dave Thomas (Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com) wrote:
> > I have to say that Iowa was a joy to work with.
>
> I'll have to get my barge pole out and see if it can be persuaded to use
> cookies.. and then, only if it really needs to save state :)

One thing I found really neat about IOWA, is that I don't have to follow
a linear usage of the web application developed. So I can log in, and
open several links in different windows and shuffle my work between
them, without losing any state in either.

I'm not too knowledgable on cookies, but I thought cookies was "per
computer" as opposed to "per session", and would make the above unlinear
usage rather difficult to achieve?

On a side note, I've been wondering how easy it is to catch extra URL
information (either path or CGI parameters) and setting up state based
on it. I'd like to be able to send people to somewhat specified URLs and
bypassing the Main.html. I.e. giving them something like
  /iowa/myapp/username/ or /iowa/myapp?username=username
I'm sure its pretty straightforward to hack it into IOWA, but I was
hoping someone had a cleaner, neater approach. This sounds like it might
make the Ruby FAQ URLs prettier too, atleast as an access point.

....just thinking out loud...

--
(\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_    _~_    __[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]___/~
 ))\_student_/((  \__d L b__/  NTNU - graduate engineering - 5. year  )