Guy Decoux wrote:

# Try this patch. It call scope_dup (which transform a SCOPE_ALLOCA in
# a SCOPE_MALLOC) rather than just setting the flag SCOPE_DONT_RECYCLE

I couldn't get the patch to apply (even though I compiled up the much
extended GNU version of patch). I must have a different version of eval.c
or something (I tried the stable 1.6.1 distribution, I tried an earlier
nightly snapshot, and I tried the latest snapshot). Maybe it was thrown
off by the differences in line numbers and the differences in the uses of
spaces and tabs.

In any case, I did the patch manually and it worked. In addition to trying
out the major widget demo, I also quickly tried out specRuby and it seems
to work OK too.

Thanks much Guy. (For the time being, if I can't rely on Ruby/Tk, I can't
rely on Ruby, so I greatly appreciate your fix.)

Conrad Schneiker