Gabriel Lima <Gabriel.Lima / enea.se> writes:

> The question I am formulating is related to Python (as Python seems
> to be the closest match, due to its OOP features, and being both
> scripting languages), but it is not related to whether Ruby is
> better than Pyhon, but rather to the question of if the differences
> really are so great, that the switch is worth it.

I'm not sure that this question can be answered--it seems like a
personal decision.

For me, the switch to Ruby is worth it. Ruby programs just seem to
flow from brain to keyboard more easily. I write more code that works
first time in Ruby, and code that I come back to after a break is
easier to read and maintain. I'd say that 'everything is an object'
and 'pervasive iterators' are the two biggest wins, but there are
many, many others.

I can't see how others will be able to make your decision easier,
though. In the end, you may need to invest the hour or so it takes to
get familiar with the language and decide for yourself.

Have fun exploring,

Dave