Hi, Tobias.

At 07:26 PM 10/17/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>... the msys unix tools
>should only help developers with compilation, and must not be relied upon
>as a runtime environment.

Earnie says: "It offers only a user land environment for MinGW development."
Given that bash worked like bash, I assumed... :-)

>So I don't understand what you mean with
>
>On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Mark Probert wrote:
> > The problem with ruby hanging occurs with bash, not
> > with cmd.exe.
>[...]
> > I guess that it is a bash problem.

I can compile, test and install ruby 1.7.3 without a problem under MinGW.
When I run it, say "ruby -v", it hangs, never to return.  The 1.7.3 [mingw]
binary works fine under zsh and cmd.

Oddly, the 1.7.2 [mswin32] version works fine under bash.

-mark.