On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 22:19, Chris Gehlker wrote:

> I don't agree that an interface, in the Java sense, and an abstract
> class, in the Java/C++ sense are synonymous

An abstract class in C++, with all pure virtual methods and no data, is
semantically equivalent to a Java interface[1].  They are often used in
C++ programs in ways similar to Java interfaces.

[...]
> There are also:
> 3) Idiosyncratic but very clever uses as, for example, in the STL,
> where it is somewhat obscured by all the template stuff, and in GNUStep
> where it isn't.

I'm not sure what you are refering to here, but it sounds interesting.
Examples?

> I'll try and translate my drawing program [with class cluster examples] >
> from ObjC to Ruby.

I, too, am interested in seeing this.