On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 01:40 AM, Peter Hickman wrote:

> Chris Gehlker wrote:
>

>> It does cause some problems if you have REALbasic on the Mac. A lot
>> of Macs do have a demo version of Realbasic because of a marketing
>> tie in with Microsoft. If the user installed MS Office and chose to
>> install everything, they got a demo version of REALbasic that they
>> may not even be aware of. I was burned this way.
>

> Real Basic is the product of http://www.realsoftware.com/ which has no
> ties to Microsoft.

I have the Office v 10 upgrade CD with the REALbasic promo right in my
hand. See:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/excelx/
excelx_main.asp?embfname=xl_whatsnew.asp
for one example of MS promoting REALbasic on their site.

> Besides I have never found a copy of RealBasic on any mac I have used
> (OS9 to OSX 10.2.1).

Not everyone is as lucky as you are.

--
There are two kinds of fool. One says, "This is old, and therefore
good."