Rene Tschirley wrote:
> I'm quite new to Ruby and was glad to be able to use this fantastic
> language for writing short scripts. I use ruby to provide several hosts
> with a special service using XML-RPC. The connection works well as long as
> client and server run on the same host. The connection fails if the
> connection request comes from a distant host.
>
> My server is set up with:
>
>    require "xmlrpc/server"
>
>    server = XMLRPC::Server.new(6670)

Try setting the server hostname or IP when you create the server. The
default is 127.0.0.1 a.k.a. localhost. Listening only on the loopback
device means you aren't listening on the network.

 http://www.fantasy-coders.de/ruby/xmlrpc4r/server.html

--
(\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_    _~_    __[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]___/~
 ))\_student_/((  \__d L b__/  NTNU - graduate engineering - 5. year  )