Is there any way, without going through "modifying the internals",
to convert Strings to look like files?  This would allow me to do
things like

    input = <<END
example input for my class
More of the same
other stuff
...etc
END
    <something here>
    while input_as_file.gets

within my unit tests, which would keep all the input with the
tests.

If this cannot be done, is there a good reason NOT to ask for
this functionality to be added?  I mean, is there a better way to
do this?  I may be thinking too much in C++.  I don't really want
to use Expect to work around this, although I like expect,
because that requires the person running my tests to have something
else installed.

	Hugh
	hgs / dmu.ac.uk