Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> what you mean? if you want to increment in place, use another
> operations, like "succ!". btw, integers are saved w/o references, so
> for Fixnum this question is without sense

It is also senseless for Bignum, Float and just about any number class,
due to immutability semantics of numbers.

I suggested the bad idea of "add!" and similar for numbers that are real
objects a year ago, to reduce object creation, but luckily Matz set me
straight. [ruby-talk:18999]

--
(\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_    _~_    __[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]___/~
 ))\_student_/((  \__d L b__/  NTNU - graduate engineering - 5. year  )