dblack / candle.superlink.net wrote in message news:<Pine.LNX.4.44.0210122323020.28634-100000 / candle.superlink.net>...
> Hello --
>
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Mike Campbell wrote:
>
> > > I think almost anything is a better name than CRAN, as that (to me)
> > > sounds like a Perl imitation reflex.  (I know there's CTAN too, but it
> > > still sounds Perl-derived to me.)
> >
> > CTAN preceded CPAN by... half a decade or more, did it not?
>
> The "it" in my last sentence was meant to refer to "CRAN" -- i.e.,
> even though CPAN is not the only C?AN around, I still get the strong
> feeling that the idea of calling a Ruby archive CRAN comes directly
> from CPAN.  (I don't think CTAN is a Perl imitation :-)
>

> David

[snip]
Hows the name RubyX3.... which means Ruby-Cube like the puzzle
How did i think of the name?
the rubixcube is formed of many other small cubes that comes together
to form a bigger cube and all of them are connected to just one connector
i want this software to be that connector which brings together all other
ruby modules, plus it also has the name ruby

Then why the X in it?
well the name RubyX3 just sounds catchy and looks better
and help ppl for tinking it is Ruby Version 3