Does anyone have a URL for the errata for the Ruby Book?

Turns out there are some differences between the printed book (of
which I have a Xerox copy) and the electronic file that my agent
has sent me.  Not sure which one I should use as definitive.

Is the Xerox or the electronic file correct?

Here's an example (Up arrows underneath lines point to differences;
all missing commas in this case.):

Xerox of printed book (2000-2-1, 3rd printing of 1st edition):

3.1.3 CSV形式の文字列 [Strings in CSV form/format/syntax] [[[BTW,
   which of these is the preferred word here? (CSV = Comma Separated
   Values, I presume.) ]]]

<snip>

'1,2'

は [signifies]

['1', '2']

を意味し、[and]

'1,"2,3",4'

は  [signifies]

['1', '2,3', '4']

を意味します。

また、"""で括られたフィールド中では""""を"""に展開します
      ^                            ^ ^   ^

[Moreover, in a field enclosed by """, """" is translated into """.]
[[[I find this hard to follow.]]]

'1,"2""3",4'

     ^
は [becomes]

    ['1', '2"3', '4']

になります。

 CSV形式の文字列はsplitを単純に用いるだけではうまくいきません。 [For
CSV strings, 'split' alone is inadequate.]

>> '1,"2,3",4'.split(",")

=> ["1", "\"2", "3\"", "4"]

                    ^

Electronic file given to me from agent:

3.1.3  CSV形式の文字列

<snip>

'1,2'

は

['1', '2']

を意味し、

'1,"2,3",4'

は

['1', '2,3', '4']

を意味します。

また、",""で括られたフィールド中では","","を",""に展開します。

'1,"2","3",4'

は

になります。

 CSV形式の文字列はsplitを単純に用いるだけではうまくいきません。

>> '1,"2,3",4'.split(",")

Early on I had decided to follow the Xerox, but now I'm wondering ...

Thanks.

Jon

--
Jon Babcock <jon / kanji.com>