On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 23:34, William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Depending on the power of that embedded board, I am not sure if you can
> run the current Ruby version on that board.  Just like Java has the J2ME
> (Micro Edition), probably you need to tweak Ruby a lot to be able to run
> it on an embedded system.

I do expect a good deal of tweaking to be involved.  However, the board
is not your typical embeded board, it is designed to run Linux and will
have about 8 MB of memory.  I haven't looked at the details and am only
daydreaming at the moment.

> If you really want to have a scripting language
> running on an embedded system, my guess is your best bet for now is
> probably to use Lua.

Or FORTH.  Now there's a language I haven't used in years.