Hi Jim,

Depending on the power of that embedded board, I am not sure if you can
run the current Ruby version on that board.  Just like Java has the J2ME
(Micro Edition), probably you need to tweak Ruby a lot to be able to run
it on an embedded system.  If you really want to have a scripting language
running on an embedded system, my guess is your best bet for now is
probably to use Lua.

Regards,

Bill