On Sunday 13 October 2002 1:37 am, Hal E. Fulton wrote:
> [...]

I don't know.  I have googled for OOP several times looking for such a list,
that is, a list that is not language specific, but have not found such a
thing;  Although the words dynamic and dynamism are often used.  e.g. In the
NeXT Developer's Library: Object-Oriented Programming and the Objective-C
Language, in the chapter on the Object Model, Dynamism is listed immediately
after Inheritance.  It talks of three kinds of dynamism:

* Dynamic typing,  waiting until runtime to determine the class of an object
* Dynamic binding, determining at runtime what method to invoke
* Dynamic loading, adding new components to a program as it runs

My own experience is almost completely Smalltalk, but with Ruby most recently.
These three dynamisms are common in both.  I am certainly not an "authority"
but I would vote for the inclusion of dynamism.

--
Best essay I've read in years:
http://www.spack.org/words/commandline.html