I mean to compare objectively, such as:

                                    Ruby                 C++
    variable                        typless              typed
    data                            typed                typeless
    assignment                      reference            value
    memory mgmt                     automatic            manual
    copy constructor                no                   yes
    a += b differs from a = a + b   no                   yes
    pointer                         no                   yes
    method/function                 all virtual          static/virtual
    scoping operator                no                   yes
    class private variable          currently no         yes
    global variable                 yes                  yes
    method/function overloading     currently no         yes
    etc.

We are not comparing items such as "degree of fun", :)  etc.

Regards,

Bill