>> Oops, 1.7 behavior has changed.  Bad idea?
>> # [ruby-talk:50421] & [ruby-dev:18278]
>
>I am not too sure which way it has been made consistent. Does ||= work
>on all variables similarly now? It looks like it, from what I can gather
>from the patch source... *cvs update, compile* ... yup, ||= works on all
>now.

The root of the problem might be:
irb(main):001:0> a
NameError: undefined local variable or method `a' for
#<Object:0x258d558>
        from (irb):1
irb(main):002:0> @a
nil
irb(main):003:0> @@a
NameError: uninitialized class variable @@a in Object
        from (irb):3

But then why:
irb(main):008:0> b||true
NameError: undefined local variable or method `b' for
#<Object:0x258d558>
        from (irb):8
irb(main):009:0> b||=true

It seems like ||= has some extra hacking. Any ideas?

Using ruby-1.7.4 under WinME, downloaded from PragmaticProgrammer
What about the above with the CVS version?

ps: When will be a newer installer available under windows?

Gergo
+-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
|         Email: kgergely / mcl.hu,  kgergely / turul.eet.bme.hu          |
+-------"Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy poroltoval kellene jarnom!"-------+
.
Magyar php mirror es magyar php dokumentacio: http://hu.php.net