"Volkmann, Mark" wrote:
> What about preceding them with a pound sign?  You could say that the #
> represents being "behind bars", "in prison" and "locked away from the rest
> of the world".

You know, maybe I'm just European, but when you wrote pound sign, I
immediately thought of British (GBP) pounds: ?.
I always looked at that sign as a funky L, which could denote "locked
away" or "local".

Party line: Break the hegemony the US has! Support other monetary
symbols for special purposes in computer languages!

:-)

--
(\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_    _~_    __[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]___/~
 ))\_student_/((  \__d L b__/  NTNU - graduate engineering - 5. year  )