Hi Mauricio, Gavin, Bulat,

Thanks for all the inputs.  I have seen the Wiki and it looks pretty
good.  I think I will wait for a while for the list to stabilize,
before making changes to the Wiki, as I prefer not to maintain two
similar documents.  (Probably once I get really familiar with the
Wiki, I will make it as the source; however, currently I am more
comfortable of editing an HTML document directly.)

Probably not everyone will agree, but I intend to keep the list as
minimal as possible, so that a person can finish reading it in
probably less than 15 minutes.  With that, as the title implies also,
the list is more about preventing errors than about optimization.
Therefore, I have put some "extra" things under separate sub-heading
"Things That Are Good to Know :-)".

One question, if I just post the list to comp.lang.ruby, is it also
echoed to -talk, or is it the other way around?  (I don't subscribe to
-talk as I don't have big e-mail box.)

Regards,

Bill