On Wednesday 09 October 2002 8:12 pm, Phil Tomson wrote:
<snip>
> Does the term Isomorphism work here?  It seems that it might provide us
> with a distinction from Polymorphism (which people coming from a C++/Java
> world see as being distinctly related to inheritance).

I wouldn't surrender the term Polymorphism to a newer and more limited
definition.  But then I'm an old Smalltalker.

> Also, what about this idea of set operations on Classes (where we look at
> classes and modules as sets of methods)?  Would it buy us anything?

I don't really think so.  I would prefer that those new to pure OOP languages
discard/enlarge their thinking and realize that neither C++ nor Java are pure
OOP.

--
Best essay I've read in years:
http://www.spack.org/words/commandline.html