Hi,

At Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:18:51 +0900,
Alan Chen wrote:
> I'm guessing that it makes it easier for some extension writers to
> maintain source code that's more similiar between win and non-win
> architectures. But it does sound that it needs a little cleanup.

Yes, it should be efficient in extension libraries too.  But,
in particular, eof() is never used in ruby itself nor its
standard libraries.  It doesn't exist on other platforms.

Although I don't know about the origin since it seems to come
from Perl, it may be better to link with libcoldname.a or
oldnames.lib.  Also, suspect the redefines to use functions in
win32.c are possibly done in same way.

--
Nobu Nakada