On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 03:00:16AM +0900, Marco K?gler wrote:
> MikkelFJ wrote:
> >"Marco K?gler" <marco.koegler / web.de> wrote in message
> >news:3DA4318A.1020007 / web.de...
> >>std::stringstream s(someString);
> >>
> >>while (!s.eof())
> >
> >.... becuase eof is defined _eof you get
>
> Yes, I know that. I don't like that the win32/win32.h header has all
> these #defines in the first place. It is extremely intrusive practice,
> IMHO. I'd like to do something about these, but I'm pretty new to Ruby
> and don't know how the defines are used/why they are necessary? For
> example, why are they exposed to client-code? I was hoping somebody on
> the list might clarify this.

I'm guessing that it makes it easier for some extension writers to
maintain source code that's more similiar between win and non-win
architectures. But it does sound that it needs a little cleanup.

I'd try to isolate the ruby interface portion of your code? Its not
ideal, but it's the most expedient option.

--
Alan Chen
Digikata LLC