"Marco K?gler" <marco.koegler / web.de> wrote in message
news:3DA4318A.1020007 / web.de...

> Thank you very much for the lecture on how to use the STL, but you don't
> seem to understand the problem. When I type this:
>
> std::stringstream s(someString);
>
> while (!s.eof())
.... becuase eof is defined _eof you get
> while (!s._eof())

Sorry, you are right. There is similar probablem in ADO COM interfaces, here
the EOF of ADO is redefined in the COM wrapper generator, but you can't do
that with STL.

What about

#include "the file that is the problem"
#undef eof
#include <my stl stuff>

Also, it seems to matter what order you are including in when dealing with
stl and <windows.h>, so possibly a simple rearrangement of includes might
solve the problem.

Mikkel