--hD6P3ib1XCFtz2ni

Yohanes Santoso (ysantoso / jenny-gnome.dyndns.org) wrote:

> A bit off topic. Since I have never worked in an enterprise: why do
> they put username/passwd authorisation on a web proxy? Can't the proxy
> be set as to serve only the internal network and reject connection
> from outside?=20

At PACCAR, the proxy was used to track which users view which pages via
the proxy, as IP address were assigned by DHCP, and you could only trace
the porn viewing back to a desktop.  Authenticating users allowed IT to
find out who (rather, which username/password) view the porn.

--=20
All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--hD6P3ib1XCFtz2ni