Hi --

> This might sound wildly un-scientific, but I very much prefer matz's
> cautious approach, where features are added carefully and bad style
> (such as the example you give) is discouraged by the language, to
> keeping adding feature after feature to Ruby until it becomes
> "interpreted Smalltalk + Perl + CLU + Algol + Lisp + C++ + ??"
>
> I won't cite Victor Hugo, but its famous quotation applies, IMHO.

You mean it was Victor Hugo who wrote:

 "I would like to evolve FROM Perl, Java and C++ rather than TO Perl,
  Java and C++."

as "Anonymous" on Ruby Garden?  :-)

(Not that P, J, or C++ is the kind of meaningless pastiche we're
apparently supposed to wish Ruby were being turned into....)

David

--
David Alan Black                      | Register for RubyConf 2002!
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net     | November 1-3