A> That's good to hear. In meantime, I'm patching my Ruby packages for ALT
A> Linux using this code and it works w/o problems.

 Well, I know nothing about all these things (www, http, ...) and probably
 I'll say stupidities, but it was not possible to make something like for GET

    proxy = Net::HTTP::Proxy($proxy_addr, $proxy_port)
    proxy.basic_auth 'account', 'password'
    proxy.start { ... }

 this will give the possibility to have another authentifcation mechanism

Guy Decoux