Matju Wrote:

# > Hmm... I speak only English (and a little German,
# > which in this case is useless as a screen door
# > on a submarine).

Try telling that to the cooks that run the microwave ovens in the galleys.

# I speak only English (and French, which in this case is useless as a
# bicycle to a fish)
#
# > I wonder if "organize" is better than "classify"?
#
# Classify means putting the components into categories; organize
# means working on the relationships between the components. I think
# organize might be more precise and "a propos", because many base
# classes are heavily inter-dependent, and their effectiveness depends
# on how well they collaborate. But that can be said of most classes
# also and OO-programming in general is about organization, not
# classification, except for the fact that classification is part of
# organization.

In other words, Ruby's base OO class structure (i.e. base OO
classification system) is better organized (for general purpose OO
programming than that of most other OO-flavored languages).

Conrad Schneiker