Hi --

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, ts wrote:

> B>   a = 1
> B>   {
> B>     a = 2  # ruby prints warning - outer var used without explicit import
>
>  This is a new language ?

Get used to it.  This guy is clearly here to stay.  Every day it's a
new language -- Ruby du jour.  And none of it has much to do with what
we unenlightened people insist on referring to as "Ruby".  Silly us.

Sigh.  I've kill-filed him, but apparently the attempt to get rid of
even replies *to* him didn't work.  I'll check my .procmailrc again.

And yes, I do know that this reply is going to the whole list.  At
this point I don't think mentioning this person as a problem is
terribly shocking.  I do wish he'd find another language to troll
in....  Perhaps he can try to convince the Java community to remove
explicit type declarations from the language, or try to get golfers to
use a pyramid-shaped ball, or something.

David

--
David Alan Black                      | Register for RubyConf 2002!
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net     | November 1-3