Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:5271] Re: Changes in 1.6.0"
    on 00/10/04, "Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> writes:

|> invokes c.to_a internally if a is not an array.
|
|I guess you mean if c is not an array.

Yes.  Sorry.

|>1.6 multiple
|> assignment does not call to_a, but if c has to_ary method, invoke it
|> to convert c into an array.
|>

|So there was some kind of problem with calling to_a... has this been
|discussed on ruby-talk?

No.  But among Japanese audience.  `to_a' is too strong conversion.
It converts everything into an array.  It tends to defer type mismatch
error. We abandand to use of `to_s' for string conversion before for
same reason.

|Ahh! I assume (I will verify this later) that it honors the else, the =>
|notation, the ensure, and the retry?

Yes.

|> No, yield has the evaluated value of the block, which is the value
|> from last evaluated expression in the block.
|
|I see. So a block always returns a value? I will check this also.

Yes.  In Ruby, everything has its value, even definitions (although
they doesn't have meaningful values).

|Thanks very much, Matz...

Not at all, for sake of you and your work. ;-)

							matz.