Hi,

Ruby
> version of the SWSAPI defined by ActiveState that is based on SOAP4R!

Interesting.  I found
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/WebServices/SWSAPI .

> I can
> invoke a web service in two lines of code like this.
>
>     proxy = SWSAPI::WebService.new.serviceProxy(WSDL_URL)
>     temperature = proxy.getTemp(ZIPCODE)

I'm afraid that we are working same thing separately.
Currently, WSDL4R allow you like this;

  require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
  proxy = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new( WSDL_URL ).createDriver
  temperature = proxy.getTemp( zipCode )

# Released WSDL4R/0.0.1 does not have wsdlDriver.rb.
# Get it from CVS repository at
# http://www.ruby-lang.org/~knu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/lib/soap4r/

> I still have lots of work to do on supporting passing of Ruby objects
and
> complex XML Schema parsing, but the basics are there.

I'm fighting XML Schema, too.  Current XML Schema
implementation in WSDL4R supports only complex content
complexType.  Simple content complexType, simpleType,
element, attributes, ref, group, etc. are left.
Those won't be completed forever I believe.  sigh.

I'm looking forward to see yours released.

Regards,
// NaHi