At Tue, 8 Oct 2002 02:33:52 +0900,
Volkmann, Mark <Mark.Volkmann / AGEDWARDS.com> wrote:
> I need to read the content of an HTTP URL.  I can break the URL up into
> server, port and path and use Net::HTTP to read it, but it seems like there
> should be an easier way.  I'd really like to pass the URL string to a method
> of some class that would return an object from a class that inherits from
> IO.  Does something like that exist?  If not, is there an easier way than
> using Net::HTTP?

If you have Ruby 1.7, try

  require "net/http"
  require "uri"
  content = Net::HTTP.get_print(URI.parse("http://www.example.com/index.html"))

If not,

  require "net/http"
  require "uri"
  uri = URI.parse("http://www.example.com/index.html")
  content = Net::HTTP.get(uri.host, uri.request_uri, uri.port)

Read net/http.rb if you would need http auth, redirection or proxy server.
This library includes the documentation of itself.

Or try WebFetcher in RAA.

Gotoken