"Szabolcs Szasz" <sz / szasz.hu> writes:

> BTW, this iowa stuff looks very interesting. Anyone used
> it with success?

I'm using it to implement the new online Ruby FAQ: so far no
problems. Or at least no problems with Iowa. I _do_ have a problem
with the database stuff. I thought I'd use Mysql's freetext query to
permit searches of the database, but that turns out to be way too
limited (if for no other reason that I can't search for operators such
as '||').

So, I'm either going to have to drop back to plain text, or I need a
new approach.

Does anyone know any decent freetext search things that work on small
files that aren't in HTML. Or does anyone know any different way to
allow boolean text searches of faq articles that can return an article
number?

Cheers

Dave