>  Bulat Ziganshin [mailto:bulatz / integ.ru]  suggested
> Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 1:11 PM
>
> Hello MikkelFJ,
>
> Sunday, October 06, 2002, 6:51:01 PM, you wrote:
>
> M> := assigns to local block scope, = assigns to outside the
> local block
> M> scope.
>
> i personally think that this usage will be very strange nad
> untraditional. for me, it is better to use '=' for constant
> assignment and ':=' for variable assignment, as done in
> algol-68 and in some modern FP languages
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Bulat                            mailto:bulatz / integ.ru

fwiw, personally, I prefer "=" for all assignments. In case of ambiguity,
the ":=" will come in.

Of course, this is opposite fr Pascal, that is why I haven't touch that
language anymore... (and has since move to C, and now, hopefully, Ruby
:-)....

I do not want to be jailed by a language or a rather uncomfortable syntax.
Programmer must be king... and Ruby is providing that...

-botp