Brian Candler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One of the things which interests me most about Ruby is its built-in
> threading capability.
>
> In particular, I would like to know if anyone has written a library which
> allows CGI sessions to be modelled as threads? This would make it extremely
> easy to write interactive CGI applications, as the thread would only see
> exchanges between itself and its one client.

i think you will need at least needs a web server that supports this
model. in apache (unix or windows), a cgi request always ends up forking
a new process.

with fastcgi this is possible, since the fastcgi process lives on
between requests. but i haven't looked at the available fastcgi ruby
modules to see whether any of them supports multithreading.

--
dave