On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> In message "[ruby-talk:5240] Ruby for Win32/DOS"
>     on 00/10/03, Dennis Newbold <dennisn / pe.net> writes:
>
> |Thus, I have a couple of questions about Ruby for Win32 and DOS-box
> |environments:
>
>   http://www.os.rim.or.jp/~eban/
>
> I should have linked from www.ruby-lang.org.
>
> 							matz.

This is a useful resource, but it is a list of files with little
explanation.

May I suggest that the FAQ have a section with questions like:

How do I install Ruby from source on Unix?
What binary distributions are available for Unix?
How do I install Ruby from source on Windows3.1/95/98/2000 or DOS?
What binary distributions are available for Windows3.1/95/98/2000 or DOS?
What is Cygwin and do I need it?
How do I install Ruby from source on Windows NT?
What binary distributions are available for Windows NT?
How do I install Ruby from source on MacOS?
What binary distributions are available for MacOSA?
How do I install Ruby from source on the Palm Pilot?
What binary distributions are available for the Palm Pilot?
Can I install Ruby from source on (some other system)?
What binary distributions are available for (some other system)?

The FAQs for Perl, Python, Lua, Icon, Tcl have questions of this sort.
I think this would ease the uptake of Ruby.  Even if these are just
stubs for now, people in the know could contribute to each section.

	Hugh
	hgs / dmu.ac.uk